One of our favorite oils for sleep and relaxation. Mandarin’s anti stress properties makes it great to instantly calm and rejuvenate.
Best ways to use Mandarin essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breathe in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day. (add neroli for a relaxation blend)
- Diffuser: Mandarin is a great oil to diffuse in yours or your family’s rooms during bedtime (mix with just a small amount of lavender)
- Apply 1-2 drops on bottom of feet just before bed to help you get a deeper sleep.
- Apply 1-2 drops on shoulders or in a foot bath during a panic attack (grapefruit and bergamot are great additions)
- Add to a base oil and apply to stretch marks.
Other oils it blends well with:
Bergamot, chamomile, grapefruit, lavender, lemongrass, neroli, rose, rosemary and sweet orange
Fun facts: An oil that is valued in perfumery. Due to its delicious scent, mandarin has been used to flavor beverages, chewing gum and baked goods.
Cautions: Mandarin is considered non-toxic and non-irritant. Like other citruses it is potentially phototoxic so do not apply before going out into sunlight.