This euphoric oil can improve mental clarity and can bring out deep rooted inner feelings. Not only is black spruce a disinfectant but it is great at opening up the sinuses and deepens breathing.
Best ways to use Black Spruce essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breath in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day. (add eucalyptus if congested, add rosemary to help with memory)
- Diffuser: Black spruce is a clean scent to refresh the room (add cinnamon and clove essential oils around the holidays)
- Add a couple of drops to a facial steam bath to clear sinuses (great with peppermint and eucalyptus).
- Add several drops to a hydrosol, water or vinegar base as a disinfectant spray (great to combine with lemon and pine).
- Great scent to add to colognes, after shave, and air fresheners.
Other oils it blends well with:
Bergamot, rose, atlas cedar, cinnamon, clary sage, cypress, eucalyptus, frankincense, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, lime, myrrh, orange, rosemary, vetiver, ylang ylang
Fun facts: the resin that is comes from the branches of the black spruce can be made into chewing gum. Spruce beer is made by boiling branches in water. The wood has been used a long time with violin makers for its sound and is used for sounding boards in pianos.
Cautions: people with dry or sensitive skin may require additional carrier oil when applying topically.