This cooling oil relieves nervous tension and other stress related disorders. A grounding oil that clears the mind and opens the sinuses and nasal passageways.
Best ways to use Atlas Cedar essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breath in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day when you would like to increase positive mood (we love to add it with ylang ylang and frankincense)
- Diffuser: Atlas cedar works well in a diffuser by itself or you can blend with oils such as black spruce, rosemary and peppermint to bring a clean, energetic yet calming blend into the room.
- Add a couple of drops to a facial steam bath to clear sinuses (great with peppermint and eucalyptus).
- Put one drop on pillow before bed to encourage dreaming.
- Add to temples and pulse points during a meditation.
Other oils it blends well with:
Bergamot, black spruce, chamomile, clary sage, cypress, frankincense, jasmine, juniper berry, lavender, myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla and ylang ylang
Fun facts: Cedarwood was highly prized by the Egyptians for use in cosmetics and was burned in temples in Egypt and Greece. The first cedar planted in Britain, in 1646 is still loving today.
Cautions: Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing.