A euphoric oil that is relaxing, mood uplifting and evokes passion. An oil that is a regulator of sebum (skin oil), and can be used on any skin type due to its balancing effect.
Best ways to use Ylang ylang essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breathe in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day.
- Diffuser: Ylang ylang is great to add to a diffuser to increase desire (add jasmine) and relieve nervousness (add frankincense)
- Massage onto face with a base of argon oil for a exotic scent that balances the skin.
- Add several drops to bath to relive stress (add vanilla or rose geranium)
- Mix in a base of carrier oils for a sensual massage oil (add sweet orange)
Other oils it blends well with:
Bergamot, jasmine, lavender, lemon, mandarin, neroli, rose, rose geranium, sweet orange, vetiver.
Fun facts: The flowers are picked at dawn and if bruised, can spoil easily. In Indonesia, flowers are placed on beds of newlyweds. Can repel against mosquitos for about 30 minutes.
Cautions: is considered non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, however excessive use has been reported to lead to headaches and nausea.