Oregano is a strong anti-bacterial which makes it one of our favorite oils to fight against colds and flus. It is also uplifting to energize the spirit and clear the mind.
Best ways to use Oregano essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breathe in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day. Be sure to clean hands after use. Oregano is a strong oil.
- Diffuser: Oregano is great to add to a diffuser to cleanse the air (add sage and/or ravensara) and increase energy (add eucalyptus)
- Apply 1 drop directly to help remove a wart.
- Add 1 drop to glass of water and swish in mouth, then spit to help fight against mouth infections.
- Add several drops to spray bottle as a surface cleanser (mix with sage and lavender)
Other oils it blends well with:
Atlas cedar, cinnamon, citronella, eucalyptus, juniper, lavender, palmarosa, ravensara, rosemary, tea tree, sage
Fun facts: This oil is one of the most antiseptic oils.
Cautions: Oregano is a very hot oil and should be highly diluted (1% in a base of carrier oil) if applied to the skin. Can be very irritating to the mucus membranes.