This cooling oil is best known to open up sinuses and nasal passages when congested. Its energizing properties can improve mental clarity and alertness.
Best ways to use Eucalyptus essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breathe in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day.
- Diffuser: great for immune support mix with ravensara, add frankincense for respiratory conditions and lemon and peppermint for alertness.
- Add to a carrier oil and apply to chest to relieve congestion (great to add with peppermint).
- Add to a massage oil to relive muscle aches (great with peppermint and lavender).
- Add a couple of drops to a facial steam bath to clear sinuses (great with peppermint or black spruce).
- Can be used in a steam room or sauna.
Other oils it blends well with:
Atlas cedar, frankincense, lavender, lemon, peppermint, pine, ravensara and rosemary
Fun facts: the essential oil is said to repel mosquitos for about 30 min (citronella, peppermint, rosemary and lemongrass are great additions). Koala bears feed exclusively on the leaves of the tree.
Cautions: Eucalyptus globulus is known to be non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing. People with high blood pressure and epilepsy should avoid eucalyptus oil. Excessive use of this oil may cause headaches.